Going to rome.


Going to Rome



All my life I have wanted to go to Rome it has been number 1 on my list to go somewhere in the world for many years and I had the chance to go on the 8th till the 11th of December. When I arrived  at the fiumicino airport I had to get a taxi to the hotel and while I could of got the train I thought it was best and I was tired from the plane lucky the time we had booked we arrived at 11am and so I still had all day to do some sigh seeing. After we had checked in to our hotel which was hotel Andreotti. I had gone to the metro to buy tickets for 3 days so I could get around a lot easier after we got on the metro we stopped near the trevi fountain s there was a bit of a walk from the metro I had a look at some other fountain's on the way.

 


After a short walk I had finally got to the trevi which was amazing to see just how big and beautiful it was and to think of people really making something that amazing.


 


On the 2nd day I had booked tickets to see the Vatican museum and the sistine chapel I didn't do a tour and I am glad I did if you do a tour it can take up too 3 hours but because I did it by myself I did it in 2 there are many things to look at as there should be the only thing was you could not take photos in the chapel it self I am very glad I did the Vatican as I was not sure to book tickets or not but very happy I did in the end. As I was at the vatican I also did saint peters basilica after that we did a lot more walking over the river and to the pantheon which was another thing on my list of things to see in rome and it did not disappoint the size of it could not be put in words or in pictures you would have to go there to see the size.


On the 3rd day I also had booked tickets to see the colosseum this time I went with the tour guide which was very good.

Rome was an amazing place to go and visit the food was amazing I had a pizza and it was so much better than we have here in the uk. There was not many things we missed only a few and that was because of how much I had walked already you will need good shoes for all the walking you will do.

Comments