Wedding planning.

Wedding planning.

As im getting married next year I though I would do a blog-post on everything ive done so far and if it helps in anyway great. When I first started I wish I looked at blog-post before starting just to have an idea where to start and what to look for. Im glad i did it by myself but still the help would of been great.

When I  got engaged I was on holiday in Cuba so I had 2 weeks to get use to being engaged and having that private time with just me and my partner and no family which was amazing to just have that time to ourselves and talk a little about what we wanted for the wedding which helped when it came to planning/booking things for the wedding a lot of it was already sorted/

Coming home we knew we wanted to surprise our family's with how we got engaged and thanks to my partner he had recorded it for us. Finally getting everyone together we showed them the video which in it self was special to us and to finally being able to tell our family's was perfect. After telling your family's I would say make everybody go out for dinner just to make sure that the parents get to know each other a bit more we did it a few weeks after telling them and it was lovely to see everybody get together.

What me and my partner did first was talk about budget and we was very serious on what we could spend and what things we really want at our wedding and things we wasn't to sure if we wanted or if we could afford or not after that we had a look at places where we live to see whats around we looked at 3 places I would say have a look around before saying yes to one place the last place we seen was perfect for us we knew that we wanted everything in 1 place so there is no traveling. The place we picked was also changing things for the better so make sure that the place you pick isn't changing anything and if they are find out what and if it will still be the place you want to get married.

For invites I decided to have someone make them for me because im not creative and i no they wont look any good so I would say if you know you can do then go ahead but also look in to have someone make them for you if you can afford it/ It is also anything thing that you wont have to worry about.

For us we new we wanted a really photographer and we didn't mind spending a lot of money on them as these are going to last a life time we wanted them to be perfect it took us a really long time to find the one but the one we finally did pick are amazing and we have everything we want i always knew i wanted 2 photographers. Also make sure who you go with see if there is a traveling charge. Its also the same with a videographer if you feel like you need one but look in to it im still unsure if i want one or not but i was also thinking about going and asking a uni student for a price and they can use it as a project

There are so man things that you can easily forget so far i think i have done well but im sure ive missed something that will pop up .in the next few months its also just save save and more save.

Hope you liked this post :)
If this post goes well i might do some more on wedding planning as there is so much that can be talked about.

Comments